Jazz Up Your Party Snacks With These Kitchen Staples
For your next house party, are you breaking out the sandwiches, snack mix, and veggies with dip? These may satisfy your guests’ appetites, but they can get a little boring on their own. However, with just one or two extra ingredients, you can bring new life to these party snack classics. Here are a few things to add to your next Foodtown grocery delivery New Jersey:
Dips and Dressings
Put the Ranch away and experiment with other salad dressing flavors. Sesame ginger and hot Chipotle are great alternatives. You can also add brightness to crisp summertime veggie platters with lime and cilantro varieties.
Bean dips are a hearty and often healthier alternative to salad dressing. Best of all, they’re easy to make yourself with whatever cans are in your pantry.
- Canned chickpeas? Add a dash of olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt, and blend into healthy hummus.
- Have black beans instead? Puree these with smoked paprika and chopped jalapenos for kicky flavor.
- White beans hanging out in your pantry? Combine with lemon, garlic, and oregano to make a Greek-inspired dip.
Snacks With a Twist
Premade snack mixes tend to be heavy on carbs like cereal or pretzels, sometimes with peanuts thrown in. This can taste a little bland. However, premade mixes are an excellent base that are easy to jazz up. Some ideas include:
- Add dry cranberries for pops of tart flavor.
- Toss the snack mix with spice blends.
- Mix in crunchy roasted chickpeas.
- Create a Hawaiian-inspired blend by adding dried pineapple, macadamia nuts, and shredded coconut.
- Go full-on savory with pumpkin seeds and slivered Parmesan cheese.
Planning to throw together sandwiches for your guests? Here are a few ways to elevate the food:
Chives offer a tangy flavor without the eye-watering intensity of many kinds of onions. Blend chopped chives with cream cheese and let the flavors infuse. Otherwise, try a sprinkle atop the sandwich spread to add color and immediate taste.
Did you know that it’s been scientifically proven that bacon makes everything taste better?
Just kidding! However, you can wow your guests with sandwiches topped with piping hot, still-crackling bacon. Turkey bacon is a healthy and crispy option. Grocery delivery services in New Jersey like Foodland also stock more indulgent choices. These range from hearty thick cuts to the rich tastes of hardwood smoked bacon.
Ketchup and Mustard
Don’t underestimate the power of quality condiments. Invest a little here and you can experience ketchup with delicious and balanced tomato flavors and fewer fillers or preservatives. Meanwhile, a high quality mustard adds tangy taste and texture to even the most basic sandwich.