9 WAYS TO UP YOUR STEP COUNT AT THE OFFICE
An increase in the risk of depression, muscular imbalances, and reduction in blood circulation can all be caused by sitting down for a long period of time. However, you can stay healthy, active, and boost your productivity by taking a regular walk throughout your day at the office.
A five-minute walk can help reduce the risk of injury while also boosting your performance.
Whether your goal is taking a mental break, or taking 9000 steps a day, theses nine creative tips will help you up your step count at the office:
- PARK YOUR CAR FAR AWAY FROM YOUR OFFICE: One of the best ways to improve your step count is by changing where you frequently park your car. It is only logical that if you park your car as far away as possible from your office, then you will be compelled to walk to and from it.
Hence, it is vital to opt to park your car way down the parking lot or on the third floor of the parking garage. This will give you more time and space to achieve your step count goals. It will keep you active and prepared for the office tasks ahead.
- TAKE THE WATER BOTTLE AWAY FROM YOUR DESK: In order to achieve significant weight loss or boost overall health, it is crucial that you stay hydrated. To achieve this at the same time as increasing your step count, you should try keeping a small cup on your office desk. This will create the opportunity to get up at intervals to get a refill.
Every additional 100 steps will accumulatively end up making a vital mark on your step count target. An important source offers other alternatives to boosting energy levels.
- USE THE FARTHEST BATHROOM: Staying properly hydrated will increase your chances of using the bathroom frequently. Hence, it is advisable that you use the farthest bathroom. This will help in boosting your step count.
- DO LUNCH EXERCISES: You can opt to make vital use of your midday break to clear your mind and revitalize your body. Hence, you can take a quick walk around the park or in your office. If the weather allows, you may even get a vitamin D boost. This will help improve your energy levels.
- TAKE A WALK WHILE RECEIVING PHONE CALLS: You may be making conference calls to clients for a significant part of your time in the office. Taking a walk as you close those deals can be a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
- SCHEDULE OUTDOOR MEETINGS: You can suggest using outdoor venues for small co-worker meetings. Alongside the fresh air and the mental break it offers, you will get the chance to increase your step count as you walk to your meetingplace.
- MINIMIZE THE EMAILS YOU SEND: Meeting up in person with your client or co-workers can help boost your step count. Aside from that, it will also help in building solid and healthy relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- DO THE 500-STEP CHALLENGE: Always include an additional 3 or 4 minutes as you schedule your next meeting. Use these minutes to take 500-600 steps before your meeting starts.
- GET LUNCH OR COFFEE BY FOOT: You should opt for walking when going out to grab a coffee or lunch. It will also help aid digestion.
These nine tips will help you increase your step counts at the office, thereby increasing your energy levels and productivity.